We often watch a video on Facebook and want to save it in our PC or phone. While saving it under the “Saved” list in Facebook is possible, it requires us to keep opening the site or app to access the video. We may also not have Internet access all the time to be able to view them.
The best solution to this problem is a Facebook video downloader and converter. Many such video downloaders are available online. Some are online video downloaders or converters while others are also available as apps. No matter what you do, using an FB video downloader and converter is extremely easy.
You may have the Facebook downloader as an option in an umbrella video downloader for different sites, like Video Downloadr, or you may opt for a dedicated FB video converter. In any case, the steps to convert and download are similar. They are enumerated below.
- 1. Open the downloader or converter in a New Tab in your web browser. You may search for a suitable site or use a bookmarked or downloaded one.
- 2. Open Facebook and navigate to the desired video.
- 3. Right-click on the video and click on “Copy video URL”(computer) or click on the ellipsis(...) on the top right corner of the post and press “Copy URL”(smartphone). You may also click on “Embed”, the last option in the drop-down menu from the ellipsis at the top right corner of the post in a computer and copy the link. The disadvantage in this case is that you will have to delete the embedding information manually and use only the video URL part.
- 4. Paste the link in the text bar of the downloader/converter.
- 5. Select the MP3 option along with desired quality and click on “Download”/”Convert”. Some sites may have the order of these two actions reversed.
- 6. In case of a downloader, the file gets automatically saved. For a converter, you will have to explicitly download the file.
Alternately, you may also choose to simply download the Facebook video as an MP4 or other type of file first and then use a simple file format converter to swap the file type from the video format to mp3. Such converters are also easily available on the Internet. However, it adds an extra, unnecessary step to the process. Therefore, one should use it only when they plan to keep both the video and audio formats.
So the next time you want to save a Facebook video as MP3, simply follow the above steps. You can also use Video Downloadr to download the video in mp4 format and convert it separately on an mp4 to mp3 converter. Some sites also have a downloader and converter at the same place for ease of access and usage. Either way, choose the path that is easiest for you to remember or better suits your needs. However, always make sure that the Facebook user whose video you are downloading has allowed free usage and sharing of his or her video.