YouTube is the most popular video streaming site in the world; yet, it still doesn’t have an in-built feature that allows viewers to download videos to the local storage of their smartphone or computer. For that, one has to turn to a YouTube video downloader. The good news is, you will find many a YouTube downloader online simply by searching on Google.
Most YouTube downloaders are free to use. The video downloaders that are online do not even require any app to be downloaded. Using them is easy, and most follow the same generic procedure.
An online video downloader is quite useful. It helps one save videos for viewing later, say if they are running short on time or will not have access to the Internet for some time in the future. You may also not want to open YouTube every time you want to view a video.
Simultaneously, sharing videos are easier if you have them downloaded. Sharing directly from YouTube mostly just shares the link to the video. Another utility of a YouTube video downloader is that you can store the media in different formats like mp4, avi, webm, 3gp, m4v, etc. You can also choose the resolution in which you want the video, i.e., Full HD, HD, SD and so on.
If you are not sure how to use an online YouTube video downloader to download YouTube videos for free, here is a step-by-step guide for you to follow.
- 1. Open a New Tab in your web browser and search for “free online YouTube downloader”. If you already have a preference, with its link added to your homescreen, click on that.
- 2. Now, in another tab, go to YouTube and open the desired video.
- 3. Copy the link of the video, either by clicking on “Share” and pressing “Copy link”(for smartphones) or clicking the “Copy” button beside the link(computers). On a computer, you may also right-click on the video and press on “Copy video URL” option.
- 4. Next, go back to the tab where the downloader is open, and paste the link in the text box.
- 5. Choose the format and definition you want in the download. Most video downloaders also give the option to download the video in audio or visual(soundless) format only.
- 6. Click on “Download” or “Convert”, whichever is given. Note that you may get the video options mentioned in previous step after clicking on “Download”, or may need to specify it before.
- 7. Your video will either be downloaded directly to “Download” folder, or you may have to press “Download” after conversion.
While many downloaders are available online, if you want a reliable and secure one that is fast and produces good quality files, choose Video Downloadr. You will definitely love the easy-to-use interface, clean look and satisfactory results. Not just YouTube, you will be able to download videos from many different sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, Dailymotion and more. Downloading videos online has never been easier!