Twitter is a social media site primarily used as an app on smartphones. However, it can also be accessed as a website from the browser in your computer or phone. In that case too, you can download a Twitter video to your PC very easily.
Like most social media sites, in order to prevent piracy and rampant copyright infringement, Twitter does not provide for a direct download button within the site. Therefore, some other method using third party resources must be used to get this done. Fortunately, thousands of such resources exist, in the form of online video downloader, twitter video downloader software and downloader extensions in the browser. Depending on which is more convenient for you, you can choose any one of these methods.
The correct ways to use these techniques are:
- Online Video Downloader – Most of the online YouTube downloaders these days also multi-tasks as Twitter, TikTok, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook video downloaders and much more. There are also sites for Twitter only. In either case, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Twitter account via the web browser in your PC.
- Go to the desired video tweet, right click on the video and click on “Copy video address”.
- Now, in a New Tab, open the online downloader site of your choice.
- Paste the link in its search bar and press Enter.
- There should be a preview of the video with various formats and quality options. Choose the desired ones and click on “Download”. The videodownloadr.com website is a very popular choice for this.
- Video Downloader Software – This requires you to download and install a downloader software to your computer. Only download one from a trusted source that has good ratings.
- In the same manner as above, copy the link to the Twitter video you want to download.
- Now open the downloader by double-clicking on its icon.
- Most downloaders would detect the link automatically and load the video. If it does not, paste the link in the search bar and press Enter.
- Choose the quality and format of video you want from the options given and click on “Download”.
- Downloader Extension – This is by far the most convenient option.
- From the web store of your browser, download and install an extension for downloading Twitter videos. This should be reflected as an icon in the icon tray of your browser or as an integrated download button in the Twitter site.
- In the Twitter website, in case of tool tray button, right-click on the video and click on “Copy video address”. The extension should produce a drop-down menu with various format and quality options. Click on the desired one. In case of an in-built button, click on it and choose the desired download option to initiate the download.
All the above methods list the most easy and convenient ways to download a Twitter video to your PC. But before you choose a downloader site, application or extension, make sure it is a reliable one. Downloading from questionable sources could infect your PC with malware.