Social media sites are quite serious about their data piracy laws, as they should be. This, however, means that a user will not find any direct method or button on the sites to download the videos from these sites to the local memory of their personal devices.
Keeping this in mind, many coders and programmers have created a large number of video downloader websites and applications to facilitate the easy download of videos from these and many more sites. In fact, in most cases, you will find that the YouTube video downloader, Facebook video downloader, Twitter video downloader and many other online video downloaders for other sites, from the same source or coder are clubbed into the same website or software for an all-in-one solution to social media site downloads.
There are basically three ways to do this. In each case, you can download videos from all three sites and more from the same place.
- Video Downloader Application – This requires you to download and install a good and reliable video downloader software to your device. Once done, do as follows:
- Open the social media site containing the video of choice.
- Copy the link of the video. In YouTube, this is done by clicking on the “Share” button and clicking on “Copy link” in mobile and “Copy” in computer. In Facebook, click on the ellipsis on the top right and click on “Copy link” in mobile and “Embed” in PC. You will have to copy embed link somewhere and take out only the video URL from it. In Twitter, right click on the video and click “Copy video address” in computer, and in mobile, click on the down arrow on the top right and click on “Copy link to tweet”.
- Open the software, paste the link in the search bar and press Enter.
- Choose the desired quality and format and click on “Download”.
- Downloader Extension – After you have downloaded and installed the extension in your phone or on the web browser of your computer, follow the steps below:
- Open the media site and copy the video link as before.
- The extension should automatically pop up and show multiple download options for the video.
- Click on the desired one to download it.
- Online Video Downloader – In this case, we use one of the downloader websites that do not require any download or installation. One such site you can use is videodownloadr.com.
- Open the site of your choice and copy the video link.
- Now exit from here, open your web browser and go to the downloader site.
- Paste the video link in its search bar and click Enter.
- Choose one from among the many download options and click on “Download”.
All these methods can be applied for all three of YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, and often others too. The techniques can also be applied in smartphones and computers alike. While there are other processes to download videos too, they are either complex or not common for the three sites.